My family has been going to Yellowstone nearly every summer for as long as I remember, and I absolutely love it. I must say, though, that vacationing was much more fun when I was a kid and all I had to do was show up. (Thanks mom and dad, for all that effort you took to take us on so many fun trips!) And also, my parents were tougher than me. Whereas they took us camping for a week, complete with gourmet dutch oven meals, since I've had children I've successfully lobbied for condos/cabins and the delicious (read: horrible) Yellowstone dining options. But maybe next year I'll toughen up and go back to our roots--I must say, the experience is just not same. We were all able to make it this year, except Grandma Donna. Barry and Uncle Floyd had to take off early though, and boy were Kate and I glad for the help of Uncle Jake and Aunt Kar!
Here we are at the chuckwagon dinner--this was actually a lot of fun. The food was good, the wagon ride was fun, the entertainment not too cheesy (and Barry even made it onstage--oolala!)
Jenny's Lake and the hike to Hidden Falls is one of my favorite spots. We enjoyed beautiful weather this year, and an all around gorgeous day. The kids were champion hikers and didn't complain once! (yes, it's a very short hike, but that doesn't always guarantee no complaining.)
Mitt learned a new word on this trip: souvenir. He tried to purchase every trinket this side of Jackson Hole. This belt, complete with REAL cowboy buckle, became an instant favorite. (Along with the "pooping bear" of course.)
Grandpa and the babies at Lewis Lake. We had the entire lake to ourselves, and it was gorgeous. The kids had a great time playing in the water, and we discovered that Kate's children are part polar bear. Seriously. I think they would have turned into ice before complaining or asking to get out. My three amigos on the other hand. . .
not so fond of cold water.
Manny at hidden falls. He was glad to get out of the backpack and start exploring.
Rae is the easiest child to photograph--she loves to pose!
No comments:
Post a Comment