We had a wedding reception to go to in Moab, so we decided to make a little vacation out of it. We haven't spent much time in that part of the state, so it was a lot of fun to explore the beautiful area and especially Arches National Park. However, given the choice, I would definitely not choose mid-July for a repeat visit--it was incredibly hot. (Lucky us, we arrived on the hottest day of the year so far!)
By the time we reached the second hike of the day, it became clear it would be the last hike of the day. I seriously doubted Mitt would make it back to the van. He must have inherited my extreme dislike of hot weather--he was actually near tears he was so hot. Rae, on the other hand, has decided she loves hiking.
Ahhh shade. The kids (and me!) would have hung out all day under the arches in the shade. Plus, the huge rocks made for some great climbing.
Manny loved playing in the sand on the banks of the Colorado River. Mostly, he loved participating in any activity that got him out of the van!
Remember when I thought my children would never play with guns? I lost that battle. Mitt's souvenir fetish carried over from Yellowstone, so after scouring the Moab shops for just the right toy, he settled on this gun. Needless to say, we woke up the next morning and went and purchased a second gun for Manny.
3 comments:
Cute pics!! I'm so glad you have a blog! What a fun trip..
Hooray! You are a blogger!! I love the pics-- you guys inspire us to get out and do more fun things with the kids, you are going to have some great memories.
I am getting impatient for new pics! I miss those little rug rats! I'll see you next weekend for sure, though!
Post a Comment