First, my sisters and I ran the top of Utah half marathon. It was a lot of fun. But guess what? It was also very scary because you know what? I did not have thirteen MORE miles in me. Nope, no way. I am really doubting my ability to finish the full marathon in a couple of weeks. Since Kate and Karlee were already in Cache Valley, we had planned to go over to Bear Lake after the race. So, we went to Grandma Johnson's in Logan and took a quick shower before heading over the mountain. Savannah is still in that 'strike a pose' phase. She is going to look back on these years and be soo grateful! I'm just glad that at least one child will allow her picture to be taken.
See, in every photo of Landon he's got this dazed and confused look. That's because we have to sneak up on him. If he has any inkling that we're taking his picture, he'll studiously ignore us.
And Josh, well Josh will do anything if the price is right. He hates his picture taken, but he loves, loves, loves rewards. And hey, I'm not above bribery.
And no, the kids hadn't gotten enough of the water back at the Lake, they decided to take a dip in Tony Grove Lake as well. And really, is Bear Lake any warmer than a glacial lake??
Grandma and Grandpa had the privilege of riding home in the Myers' van since Jake and Karlee both had other plans. (can you imagine anything better than this??) The kids are always thrilled for company, especially when the company plays games and brings treats.
So after starting out at 4:30 am, we finally got home around 8:30. After herding exhausted children into bed, unloading all of our gear plus half the sand at Bear Lake, Barry and I collapsed on the couch. He then tried to cajole me into finding a sitter and going out to dinner. Umm-no. Way too much effort!
3 comments:
Fun day, great pics of Savan!! I hadn't seen all those pose shots. I am so glad you are a blogger now, I miss your kids so much!
You constantly amaze me-- I would have quit at mile 9, gone home and gone to bed. Look like so much fun though!
Wow! Just reading about your day makes me tired. I hope to be like you when I grow up. I couldn't walk the thing. Good luck with your marathon, you'll have to blog about. It was so fun to see you at our long overdue GNO.
Post a Comment