We went on a little mini-camp at Dad's Ranch over the weekend. The kids absolutely love it out there. And really, what's not to love? Dirt, dirt, dirt, and more dirt to play in! Add in plenty of good camping food (translation: junk food and soda pop) and you have the recipe for a good time.
No topples off the table for Manny on this trip! We learned our lesson on our last camping trip.
Manny and I headed for home around 8:00--we're not overnight tent-campers yet! Barry and the kids decided to go for a walk up to the old house, and while they were gone a storm blew in. Barry tried to hurry back to get the tent staked down, but guess what? Hurry is not yet in Mitt's vocabulary. Much weeping and wailing ensued as Mitt tried to make it through the Safflower field. They didn't make it in time, and instead watched as the wind picked up the tent, and carried it into the middle of yet another Safflower field. The good news was, it finally stopped. The bad news? The reason it came to a stop was because the pole snapped and the tent collapsed onto itself. I must say, Barry is a much tougher camper than me-- he and the kids slept in the cab of the truck all night! The kids came home ecstatic, eager to share their exciting adventure! They even toughed out some pretty impressive thunder and lightening.
5 comments:
Those are some cute pics! They look so grown....geez. I didn't know there tent broke...I bet the kids loved it.
Those are great pictures!! How do your kids get along and hug for that long--- I don't think I could get mine to cooperate! I am glad to hear that no one was swept away in the storm!
Cute pics, I never get that good of pictures out there. Sounds like a fun adventure.
What a fun trip. I don't think I have ever been a tent camper!
Hi Kelli, I just set my blog to private, so if you want to keep reading, send me your email address to tiffany.averett@gmail.com. :)
Post a Comment